Friday, April 26, 2013

So it Begins

Recently, I have found myself offering regular commentary on places like The Huffington Post and TV Line. The topics range from my opinions about recent episodes of Castle and the discovery of Orphan Black to my stance on role models, media influence and parenting, old school style. Rather than merely commenting on other people's thoughts I decided to jump back into the land of blogging.

So for orientation purposes should anyone bother reading it, this blog will be about a range of topics, often focused on television, pop culture and film. It will cover my unabashed love of TV shows old and new, films I don't get to see with nearly the speed I did before becoming a parent and how being a fan girl at heart is influencing raising a daughter in a relentless media world.

My hope is to wax poetic, nostalgic and thoughtful. However I reserve the right to merely gush and be a wholehearted geek when it comes to the pop culture I adore. There will be reviews, commentary and random observation, some of which I hope others might read and enjoy.

First up as the TV season comes to a close and May sweeps is in full effect expect a ton of TV running updates and a recurring theme around my newest found love - my roku. Much of this will likely be for my own entertainment, but hopefully I will get my other geek-fan-opinionated friends to come play as well. I enjoyed blogging a few years back and hope to again find joy in writing just because I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment